Responsibilities, Rights and Practices of a Priestess of the Goddess


As a Priestess, I see honesty as a necessity. All my life I am quite conflict-averse and will always choose to de-escalate a conflict if at all possible. "Responsibilities, Rights and Practices of a Priestess of the Goddess and of Avalon" is an agreement (https://goddesstempleteachings.co.uk/wordpress/priestessofavalon/home/poa-responsibilities-of-a-priestess/). One that every Priestess chooses to honour. It is subject to change and is never stagnant. It lives with the ones who serve Her, like a moving river. 
My focal point in them all is:
13. To refrain from committing hubris (offending the Goddess), e.g. damaging Her Earth, Her animals, Her people, etc., by accident, thoughtlessness, or by design. 
I strive to live a low-impact life, to be ecologically aware, am Vegan and in the "helping" profession. But is it enough, is it transformative? Not yet, - it is just common sense! But that is isn't it, the "relaxed" position I hold... "I already am doing enough! Why do more?". Each person will give you their answer, but for me, it is -"Because I can". I have the possibility of doing more and so I should, I am blessed beyond belief, so lucky to be able to live my life, to serve Her in serving others. And maximising this is just a natural progression. Part of my growth in service of Her.
 I will revisit this over and over, but for now, in this new season of Samhain - Blessed Be x 

Comments